Tuesday, 29 August 2017

Thinking and photographing

Everywhere I go I look at the picture in front of me to try to see how it might fit into the subject of 'waiting'.

I've caught a few that could feature in my initial portfolio but trying to see them from a different eye is quite challenging.  I am tempted to make a point of using my iPhone to take pictures but realise that the quality of 72 dpi won't be good enough for A3 prints.  At least I can suss out ideas and see how they come out.




 The image above was taken with my iPhone in a coffee shop in Honiton Devon.  It was a bit of an experiment using the reverse selfie camera to catch people in the queue waiting to be served.  It's a shame the outside of the shop was blown out.  I tried to edit it in post production but there was nothing there so I might try again with my better camera.  The beauty of the reverse selfie was that no one was aware that I was taking their picture.


This image below was during a cook festival in Lyme when companies set up stalls to sell there wares.  Here was a local tea company offering deck chairs for the convenience of customers.  I called these two chairs as waiting to be used.



Not the best I know but at the moment I'm trying out ideas to see how they pan out.  Perhaps it would have been better to go for one person sitting waiting!


 There was something about these boys that interested me as if they were waiting for football practise to start.  There were several versions of the same thing to choose from but this one was the best of them. 


There's a local rumour going round that 'Banksy' stopped in the town one day to paint the picture above next to the River Lym.  It's a bit faint but it's a stork with a fish in its mouth, but looking like it's 'waiting' for another one.  It was a grab shot so I'll go back when the light is better to get a better image.

It's interesting how much I see can be translated into pictures of 'waiting'.  It doesn't matter if there are people in the shot or not, it can all be made into a suitable image.


No comments:

Post a Comment