Tuesday, 15 August 2017

Initial thoughts

Suggestion from Jesse after our initial talk was that the subject I eventually chose would continue on for the rest of this module although he did suggest I draw up a short list of 5/6 subjects to initially pursue.  I should run with them for a few weeks then revisit the list and cut it down to 2/3 feasible subjects.  Then weed them further until I identified a subject that I could revisit again and again building up a strong portfolio to be my submission.

I used the internet to research what's going on in and around Lyme to see what could catch my interest enough to carry over the next 12 months enough to photograph repeatedly.  There are various diaries and poster pages to find a wide variety of items.

I've given it some thought overnight and come up with the following:
  • Local small holder
  • controversial community bus services
  • follow the local pantomime from initial auditions to final production
  • local sequence dance team
  • local halls caretaker duties
  • rebuilding of well loved local cinema
I think that's enough to be going on with for the time being as there's plenty of depth to most of these subjects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment